Monday, August 10, 2009

getting ready to go back

Almost time to go back to school!
On Wednesday I am going to move a few small things back up (all of the big things stayed over the summer :) with one of my roommates and take care of some stuff for student teaching, graduation, etc...and then hopefully shop a little for student teaching clothes!

I am only really babysitting for 1 family during the days now for these last 2 weeks at home which is nice because some of my friends are back in town now and I want to see them before we all go back to school. There are just so many things I need and want to do before going back and I feel like the clock is ticking- because it is! I go back on my birthday- the 22nd, and that is coming FAST!!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow I am going to get my new license for the big 2-1.

I need to get my haircut before going back to school....seriously an emergency- I have not gotten it cut since APRIL! Easter weekend! So much chlorine since then!!

I need to get student teaching clothes and some birthday presents.

I want to see my friends that have been gone all summer.

I am squeezing in babysitting for a few families who want to go out again before I leave.

All of that while trying to pack/organize my stuff to go up to school, see Eric as much as I can before we are living an hour apart and both crazy busy, babysit my normal schedule, and try to get in some family time. It is totally possible it is just annoying to plan out every second and try to make it all fit together and then of course some things will get changed so then RE-arranging everything more and ahhh part of me just wants to be back at school so it is all over with but I love being home!!

I am excited to student teach but at the same time so nervous and know that it is going to be a really hard schedule. My roommates have regular classes and I have to go TEACH. I am going to have to go to bed early after making time to do lesson plans, work out, get things ready for myself for the next day (clothes/ironing, lunch, etc..) and spend time with Eric on the phone or once in a while meet for dinner half-way or whatever. He will be doing the same thing though. It is what I will be doing for the rest of my life (preparing school stuff for the next day) BUT I won't be living in a college apartment with other people who can stay up late doing whatever and party. So, it will be a challenge and I know there will be nights I will need my fan on full blast to drown out noise...maybe earplugs? ;)
I am looking forward to all of it though and I am so lucky that my preschool I am student teaching at is a 5 minute WALK away from my apartment. I have met the teacher before since I did a project there last fall and she was awesome, so I am excited.
I know it will be fine, it's just a totally different thing than I am used to - I won't just be going to classes! But, this is what I have worked for so I am excited :) And...this is my last year!

Tomorrow I am going to pack up some stuff to bring to school, get my new ID, and just relax a little...then hang out with Eric tomorrow night. Looking verrrrrrrrrrry forward to the next 3 days off :)

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Awwww I remember repacking all of my stuff for college. It was so much fun to go back and see all of my friends!

Don't forget to get some glade plugins and rewash your sheets/towels...I would always rewash all of the "expensive" items (my bedspread) at home to save the money on my card at school!

Have fun! And don't party too hard on your 21st!

Anonymous said...

Student teaching is hard. I'm not gonna sugar coat it. Be prepared. Keep an open mind. Over-achieve. You'll be fine.

Big 2-1!? Woot Woot!

Leah said...

I found your website through Yaya's and just wanted to say good luck with the move back to school. I miss school SO much. So many happy memories. :-D