Monday, July 13, 2009

4th and Gala

It's been a while...as usual

The 4th of July was fun! Friends and family came over and we just hung out outside (in the gazebo during the downpour...) and played games, ate, then went out on the boat for fireworks!

Here is the cake my mom made and I decorated :)- the mistake happened when my stepdad was trying to get something under it in the fridge....oops!!


I enjoyed eating the leftovers during one of my favorite shows...CAKE BOSS! Whenever I watch that show I want cake...and last week I had it! haha love it :)


Here we are before going on the boat for fireworks..



Now...onto the gala! My dad's work has a gala fundraiser/benefit every summer and it was last night! Lots of celebrities come and it's really fun to dress up! This year the main people were...Gladys Knight, Tony Bennett, Billy Crystal and Elton John! Elton has come before and he was GREAT then and last night!! He sang for about an hour, it was wonderful! Eric and I had a blast. Here are a few pictures...











I loved my dress and my hair and makeup! The dress was sooooo uncomfortable to sit in though- there is a bow you tie on the back and so when you are sitting there is a big knot in your back! ugh!
The picture we got taken by a photographer (not my dad...haha) was SO good too!!! I will try to get that on here. I haven't seen the ones my dad took either so there are probably some good ones there!

Off to return my reject gala dress....the one I bought and then decided wasn't nice enough!
Then Eric and I are going to return his tux, go to Costco to pick up my pictures and then who knows?!?! I want Noodles!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Noodles are good stuff.

You look so pretty! I love that color green and it looks awesome on you!

We had a flag cake like that at our rehearsal dinner (we were married on the 4th of July)