These past few days have been crazy with babysitting! There were a few mishaps- ha
Thursday was another day at the pool!
Friday I babysat from 12-5 and then somewhere else 5:30-11:30. During the first job...you know those little sticky foam-like balls in different colors that you can mold into something? I will try to find a picture...just kidding I just searched and have no idea what they are called but anyway..they are teeny tiny and stick together and usually come off your hands really easily even though it doesn't really feel/look like they would. Well...they don't when they are warm!!! There was a little ball of them in the little 2.5 year old's room the other day and they had gotten warm from the sun- of course he stepped on the pile with both of his feet, then had both of his hands in it, and I didn't think anything of it because it always comes right off! WELL..not when they are melty!! They were EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!! I made him stand in the shower while I figured out what to do haha because I didn't want him to get it all over the rugs! I used wipes to clean off most of them and then the sink- I just didn't want to clog it with ALL of the little balls! Haha because I KNOW that would happen next!! Anyway- it was fine but just kind of a pain! So, never let those get warm!! :)
Then for Fri. night I met the mom and got the kids and we went to DQ- it was fine and fun and right as we were getting to their house there was a 5-7 minute heavy downpour...of course right when we are trying to get into the house. The garage code didn't work!!!!! UGH! We have no idea why! SO, we got back in the car (3 kids+me) and met the mom to get a key and the garage opener! Of course the opener worked when we got home so I guess the keypad maybe just doesn't work?! By the time we were done running around it was time for bed! It was a crazy night but fun! Luckily I had a big box of books in the back of my car to keep them occupied during all of the driving!
Sat. night I babysat for some people I met off the internet- haha! But it was fine and the kids were so cute! They are just visiting though- on their way to move to CA which is too bad because it took me 1 minute to get there!!!
After that I went over to my dad's and then spent Father's Day with him today! We went to church and then ate and then went to Costco! :)
Tomorrow I am going to lunch with a girl I have been friends with since 1st grade, Lindsay, and am so excited! So glad not ALL of my friends are gone for the whole summer :) Then I babysit! It is supposed to be 90 tomorrow! ugh- kinda sick of the humidity!!
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
sounds like the keypad needs a new battery. I hate when that happens.
Hey I posted on I Saw Your Nanny the other day about hating taking the kids swimming at their club.
It sounds like your a busy busy girl! And I am jealous you have nice weather....ours here is not fun...rain and more rain!
Hope you are having a fun summer! The 4 yr old I nanny for broke his arm yesterday and has a cast up to his armpit (didn't happen on my watch!) so now I'm completely dreading the rest of the summer. Poor kid is gonna be miserable.
Lovin the blog - nice work
Laters
Nicey
The 4 yr old is doing surprisingly well. Such a trooper having to do everything with one arm.
You sound like me, minus the fun of getting to take the kids places. I don't understand it; your kid is bored and has nothing to do when you're at home and then you expect me to come over and magically fix it!? Let us go somewhere!
Ugh hoping to get a MUCH better family in college.
This is a combined comment too, as I just looked at the above post and the gala looked amazingly fun. I love the dress, it looks so familiar. I'm sure I've seen it before (and I think I tried on one very similar for graduation). Where did you get it? lol, it's going to drive me crazy not knowing!
Post a Comment