Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Catching Up...

Wow- I have not been writing in here as much as I want to! I have wanted a blog for a long time but nothing happens to talk about!! Haha so I will just bore everyone with the things I do. Anyway...so much is going on with school. AH. We had fall break last Thurs and Fri which was nice to be able to go home and spend some time with the kiddos :-)
Eric and I went on a little date Wed. night- dinner- and then his roommates had a "balloon party" which was interesting....Thursday morning I fed my roommate's hampster (remember that later ;-)) and drove home. I picked up a little girl I have babysat for since she was 9 months old (she just turned 6 and is in 1st grade!) "A" I will call her...so I picked her up at school and then brought her to her tennis lesson, then home to watch her and her cutie little brother the rest of the night. I thought little brother, "W", would scream and not remember me when he saw me (I have not seen them since the end of Aug.) but he gave me a hug!!! He just turned 2. SOO cute!! That was a fun night. Then Fri. AM I watched another little boy and got to be with just him and then bring him to pre-school since his older brother and sister were at school and Mom was out of town. We parked and got out of the car at "school" and he says, "Oh, I don't have my backpack, Lolo!" Soooo....we got to go back to his house and get it and then come back.......that is why I gave us an extra 15 minutes, haha..I know him all too well. I knew SOMETHING would happen where we would need the extra time. I have to say, if I were not going to school to become a potential pre-school teacher, I would not be able to find it in me to drive back home to get an EMPTY backpack. There was literally not one thing in his backpack, but learning that routine of being responsible for something and putting it on his hook at school, etc...is something very, very important to the little ones!! Their house is not far away and we had the time, so I figured hey, I don't need to get his day off to a bad start. Plus, I love the little guy :-)

Saturday...Eric came down from school and we went to find a pumpkin!! Then we ended up walking all over the little "downtown" in my area to find a birthday present for his mom---so much fun. Then we stopped at another pumpkins/plants/etc place and just looked around and all of the scarecrow clowns started to freak Eric out....so we left :-) My roommates and I have been talking and I don't understand why some people are scared of clowns?? I guess I should say I don't get what is scary about them. I remember being a clown like 5 Halloweens as a child. I loved them! I had them at birthday parties! I guess if you ever have a creepy experience though, it could stick with you....anyone??

Sunday...Family Brunch! My Grandma is a member of a country club/golf club since she loves to golf! (For anyone in the area, it is the club where the 5 year old girl had that intestine accident in the pool 2 summers ago... :( sooo sad...) My Grandma has to spend a certain amount there each month otherwise she has to just pay the difference, so if she is not quite at it, we all go there for brunch at the end of the month! I LOVE IT. My cousin and his wife have the 2 cutest kids ever so of course I hog the baby and love playing with them. During all of this..IT WAS SNOWING...haha so I was not looking forward to driving back up to school!! It was not sticking but it just was crappy weather...ugh.

I got back up to school and here is where the real excitement starts!!! My roommate's hampster was MISSING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He chewed a hole in his cage and ESCAPED!! So I turned out apartment upside down looking for him (this is like 4pm) and can NOT find him anywhere. I looked under our oven and fridge...(found a fork!)...EVERYWHERE!!! I think he was sleeping somewhere because at like 10:30 that night he came out and my other roommate found him in the bathroom! Our bathroom is very open though so he must have been wandering around once he woke up wherever he had been sleeping. I am just glad he is back :-)

Today I did not have class (I never do on Tuesdays) and had so much homework to do....ugh. College. 6 classes at once is a little much!! I feel like I am getting sick. Ick.

I should get back to some homework -and try to go to bed early.
I am going to try to keep up on this a little more so that I can write about more exciting things in shorter blogs!! But, I have been reading everyone else's religiously, just not paying attention to mind apparently!!
Thanks for reading :-)

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

I love your writing!
Aww that's so nice that you went home to get the little guy's backpack. too cute!

Anonymous said...

My hubby used to have a classroom hampster for his students and during the weekend one time it escaped, climbed into the paper closet and chewed a TON of paper!! Lol!!!