Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Pinocchio= Potato Chips?

This week has been busy but has been going much better than last week! I did not come home crying from being so overwhelmed like I did last week!!

Eric and I celebrate 2 years on Saturday and I am soo excited! :) I can't believe it!!

Kelsey's 21st was fun- dramatic, but fun..ha ha...my 21st is on move-in day next fall.....yikes!!

My room is full of childrens books from the library- like, 30+...that I have to use for projects and assignments and ahhhhhhhh there is soo much to do! I know I say that all the time but really...this week and next week are CRAZY!!
I will be gone all weekend and I have my first math test on Monday (even though TODAY we got through the last part of what will be on the test...started new stuff, and will do more new stuff (not on the test) on Friday...and then the test on Monday)...now THAT is stupid!!!!!!!!! It is so frustrating...I would really like to get the test over with on Friday and not be learning new stuff that is on the NEXT test before taking the first test!?!? WHY DO TEACHERS DO THAT?!?! She asked us what we would like, Fri. or Mon...and of course I WANT to raise my hand for Fri. but there is no point because everyone else wants Monday- UGH. So, I get to worry about that all weekend when I am trying to relax at a cabin with Eric! Yippee!

Today I met with my buddy again..and a new buddy. But not really my new buddy. Haha..so I went to meet with the same girl 'M' I met with last week, and then this week I start with another buddy in a different grade, 'D' for another one of my classes (also a girl). Buddy "M" went well...we played a game that involved a lot of card-reading and is non-competitive even though she 'won' at the end.. ;) Buddy "D" went home sick today, so I still have not met her and I worked with boy 'J' instead. We were reading a poem about a school play- he was reading it to me- and one line said "Rumpelstilzken and Pinocchio" and he said a long jumble of words for Rumplestizken and for Pinocchio he said "potato chips" hahaha it was so cute..he just read soo fast and obviously those are tough words.
After those two sessions, I rushed back to my apt., ate lunch, went to a meeting, class 3-5:30 then another meeting then finally home! AH!! Wednesdays are turning into very long days!

I am going to get ready for bed and get some sleeeeeeeep!!!

3 comments:

Wendyburd1 said...

Hi, I saw that Yaya mentioned you and I liked your blog name...well I think it is a totally GOOD reason to check a blog out, lol. Wow 2 years thats great. I love kids and was told to be a elementary school teacher but I am way too shy...too many eyes lookin up at me.

Find any good kid books, LOL?! I loved books even back then. What grade do you wanna teach?

The Blonde Duck said...

Popped in to say hi! Love your blog!

I moved! Visit me at www.aduckinherpond.com.

Anonymous said...

potato chips, too cute!!!

I remember being surrounded by children's books in undergrad too! I'm still in love with children's books.