I made it to the weekend! AH! This week was not toooo bad...but still lots going on! Next week I have 2 tests on Monday and it is our last week before SPRING BREAK :)
This weekend my love is at home working and so tonight I have just been lounging around...except for our little fire drill...ha...someone on the 2nd floor burned 'boiling water' and set the BUILDING alarms off, which I have not experienced in my two years here. My roommate and her boyfriend were taking a nap and I heard the VERY loud alarm in the hallway and thought it was very strange as I have never heard it before. I did not smell smoke or anything and I looked outside and could not see anyone leaving the building or anything. So I waited for a couple of minutes and then it just got so ANNOYING that I got my Uggs, coat and my purse and phone and knocked on their door and woke them up and told them I was going downstairs because something weird was going on, maybe someone had just pulled the alarm.
If anything I was planning on going to talk to the care-taker guy of the building to see when the alarms would get SHUT OFF!!!!!!!!! So, my roommate and bf wake up and we see that the doors on our floor to the steps have been closed (automatically when the alarms go off) and once we opened that and started down the stairs, we could smell burning...SCARY! So, we went down the 4 flights fairly QUICKLY!! We opened the door that goes to the mail room and then to outside, and there were about 15 people in the mail room and right outside! ha! A guy had burned his food or something...and he was the one calling the fire dept. because they have to come to reset the alarms. So we sat in my roommate's bf's car for a few minutes since it is FREEZING and we wanted to get away from the LOUD alarm...then people started to go in so we were going to but the people who were going in were just going in because they were sick of being outside! Whether you are downstairs or in your apartment, you have to listen to the alarm so I guess you might as well be WARM! There was on girl with her wet hair in a towel since she had just gotten out of the shower! ha! poor girl. I think it was in her apt. that the little smoke session started though. Anyway...that was eventful. We decided to leave for a little bit and go to the bank and grocery store quick to GET AWAY FROM THE ALARM!! It was sooooooooo loud.
I have just been hanging out tonight...doing NOTHING basically...I am tired from this week! One night Eric and I went to bed at about 1opm! It was FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!
I better get used to that if I am going to be a teacher! OH!!..speaking of that!! I found out that I will be doing my pre-school student teaching in the town my college is in!!!!!!!!! I could have been placed up to an hour drive away..and some people are...so I am verrryyy lucky!! No one else knows where they are placed yet...one of my professors said she had to talk to me before class yesterday and I had no idea why. She said she wanted to talk to me about my placement and I thought she meant my 2nd grade buddy so I was freaking out a little! But she asked me if I would be okay being at a very academic pre-school, and I said yes! I asked if she would tell me where it is and she told me...an elementary school about 7 minutes away from my apartment where I have done 1 field experience before, so I am VERY excited!! I really liked the school and I am so excited about the location and the academic part- she said they have very high expectations and that means a lot...because my professors choose who goes where. Yay :)
Tomorrow I am going to say goodbye to my grandparents' home they have lived in for the past...55 years I think??? They celebrated 55 years on June 17, 2008 and my grandma passed away on June 25, 2008. I have not been up there since that weekend of the funeral and I am really looking forward to going tomorrow and being there for the last time with my family- aunts, uncles, cousins, grandpa- so it will be great!! Sad, but so much fun I think. Many memories will be made and I am going to take LOTS of pictures! :)
There is a view from the house. My grandma had a great garden. I am starting to get sad...there are so many memories here. I can't wait to get up there. This is the house my dad and his brothers and sisters grew up in. Wow...tomorrow will be hard. We are going to have a little party tomorrow night there with blankets and pillows we bring to sit on..ha..because it is pretty much emptied out! The house closes on Monday.
My weekend at home last weekend was GREAT to get away!! I babysat and it was so much fun- I miss the kids so much!
I am so excited to go home for spring break- even though I will just be going home to get a ton of homework done, go to the dentist, baby-sit a little, adjust to daylight savings time, get a passport...etc...by the way, Ya-Ya...not sure how much they are, but I will let you know when I get mine!! I was going to do it at school because I live really close to a place you can get them but then realized I didn't have my birth certificate....hahahha sooooo...don't forget about that important document!
I have been thinking about this summer and what I want to do...of course I will baby-sit. I found a family who needs a nanny...but I am not sure that they will be able to have me because I would not be staying through the fall. I would be done at the end of August...so, we will see. I love the families I have always baby-sat for but, I need something to DO! I would obviously do it for them if I could be there more hours during the week, but this summer I will be way too bored I think! Last summer I took a summer class and went on a few trips so things were sort of crazy but this summer will be pretty boring if I don't have something to do almost every day! I would love to just relax and everything but really, REALLY...you can only do that for so many days. Having NOTHING to do gets boring!! My best friends from high school won't all be home either so that makes it even worse! ugh. So, I am hoping something works out with this family...they have a pre-school age boy, a 1 year old girl, and a baby coming any day! So, my favorite ages :)
Well..I am going to bed! I want to get up early-ish, work out, get myself organized and then my aunt and cousin are picking me up and we are going up north! I will be back Sunday afternoon so it is a very quick trip! Have to get back and study....ick
Have a great weekend!!
Saturday, February 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
How the heck do you burn water????
Glad you thought to save the Uggs in case of a fire!
Good that you got a close student teaching placement. My husband had like an hour drive to his one placement-sucked.
you didnt tell me about your placement! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Post a Comment